[Build Video] - K'Nex KForce Rotoshot 25x

K'Nex KForce Build video - Rotoshot K25x blaster

Product provided! Opinions remain my own, thanks K'Nex!




Ultimately, the blaster took me over an hour to build, from dumping out the contents to the first shot. I did make some mistakes during the build, but unfortunately I didn't catch them until well after they happened which meant backtracking and dismantling parts of the build to go back. As someone unfamiliar with using K'Nex construction kits, maybe this is growing pains at learning a different medium. The build isn't even entirely like the one on the box because I messed something up and would have had to flip pieces that I installed at the beginning. But that's the point of the line, right? Making your own blaster ultimately, after building the one shown?

For a blaster that reports 75' on the box for 5 shots, at approximately $25 for the whole thing the replay value is potentially endless for a kit you can build and rebuild, with additional shots and turrets if you have the other kits. Is it worth it? If you aren't heavily modding your blasters already, and do enjoy the satisfaction that comes from completing puzzles and building kits, this could be a neat addition for your collection. The colors are eye-catching for sure, and there are some spots on the blaster body I naturally found to be good for gripping, I didn't stab my hands on any corners. Minus anything that resembled a stock, holding the blaster seemed pretty intuitive.

Battle-tested, I have tried some k'nex blasters at games before and maybe it's just me but I definitely worry about losing the odd connector or slamming the blaster unexpectedly and spraying pieces everywhere. It hasn't happened yet, but I have lost the odd piece from the body... maybe 2 at this point on other kits. Not a terribly bad ratio I guess but that's not something you worry about right off the bat from other blasters.

K'Nex is planning on being at New York Toy Fair again, and so will I! Don't forget to tune in here please and see what I find. (Full schedule posted shortly before the trip)

Amazon Associate notice:

Thanks for reading! Like what you see? Interested in the product? Get your own at Amazon.com (Associate links help me keep the site open and allow me more time to do this!)



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,