Paper Shooters: The Return! Launches January 30th!

Paper Shooters Launches Website January 30! (Paper shooting blasters)
Vas The Stampede

Paper Shooters is back, and this time, with funding. After a couple attempts at crowdsourcing, the product is ready to roll out and take orders! Featuring a familiar "paper ammo" (a la Max Force, if anyone remembers), these blasters are different for a few reasons:


+ A trigger!
+ Instead of buying more ammo, the product is supposed to include a mold that people can make their own out of normal paper (which then gets loaded into a shell, that loads in to the magazine, that loads into the blasters.)
+ A trigger!
+ Customization is something encouraged with these blasters as well. Make your ammo, build your own blaster (it starts out as a construction kit, from what I understand), and the game is yours.
+Nerf designers are part of the team working on this line.

Some things about this release that make me a bit nervous -

- The cost. Between $35 & $49.
- The Clan App gets used on a wristmounted smartphone? Hrm.
- Accuracy of the paper wads
- Using paper wads! They got messy before, and I can see loading each individually into a separate shell being time consuming.
- Shells/magazines sold separately, I assume. And when I first learned of this blaster, PvP wasn't a big part of the conception, as I understood it. A Clan App to track stats changes that. But until I try it all out, I can't say strongly either way if this is a good option for even casual or office wars.
Given the past history with other brands and their mobile apps, I'm a little reserved about that until I see it. 

Do I have reservations? Sure. But without the blaster in front of me, I'm at least willing to try it out. New blasters, new companies, new innovations can only help the hobby!

Previous articles:


Paper Shooters 1
Paper Shooters 2 
 
Countdown to Paper Shooters at their website, here.


Labels: , , , , , , ,